Wednesday 27 March 2013

world traveler~ andrew peterson



I grew up in a little townA southern mix of lost and foundWhere most folks seem to stick aroundBut I could hear the highway songI'd sit out on the dock till dawnAnd dream about the great beyond
(I dreamed that I was)A world travelerSet me loose to find my wayJust get me out on the road somedayWith my sails unfurledSo many mysteriesI wanted to unravelIf I could travel the world
Soon enough I had my wayI saw the world the Lord has madeMostly from the interstateBut I had hardly seen a thingUntil I gave a golden ringTo the one who gave her heart to me
(And I became)A world travelerThat's the day I hit the road'Cause I walked the hills of the human soulOf a tender girlI'm a world travelerShe opened the gate and took my handAnd led me into the mystic landWhere her galaxies swirlSo many mysteriesI never will unravelI want to travel the world
Take a left at the end of my streetJust a few doors downUp the hill and into the treesThere's a hole in the groundWhere we traveled the caverns so deepWe wandered the wonders so wideIt was right beneath our feetAll this time, all this time
Tonight I saw the children in their roomsLittle flowers all in bloomBurning suns and silver moonAnd somehow in that starry skyThe image of the Maker liesRight here beneath my roof tonight
(So hold on tight, I'm a)World travelerPack yours bags and dig down deepLet's ride the storms and sail the seasTo the distant poleI'm a world travelerInto these uncharted landsTo blaze a trail in the vast expanseOf the heart and soulIn the grace of the God of peaceLet's wade into the battleCome on, come on with meAnd get up in that saddleThere's a million mysteriesI never will unravelCome on, let's travel the world

No comments:

Post a Comment